*Due to a system upgrade, the up-to-date funds are temporarily unavailable for display. Application Submissions are also temporarily unavailable until the system upgrade is complete. System upgrade approximate completion time: August 17, 2022.
Third Party Leasing Declaration
Last updated: August 2022
In a scenario where the dealership sells a vehicle to a third-party leasing company and the leasing company leases it to an end-user, the dealership must apply for the rebate and report the transaction as a lease: In this case, the end-user would be the applicant and thus must meet the eligibility criteria of the Program, as listed in the Dealer Application Checklist and page 9 of the Dealer’s Manual.
The dealer must provide the following supporting documents upon the submission of the claim:
- Dealer Application Checklist signed by the dealer and the applicant (end-user).
- Third Party Leasing Declaration signed by the leasing company, the dealer AND the applicant (end-user).
- Signed Lease Agreement between the leasing company and the applicant (end-user).
- Letter of Received Rebate signed by the applicant (end-user).
- If the applicant (end-user) is a business, a valid BC Incorporation number (formatted “BC0000000” [“BC” followed by 7 digits]) and/or a copy of the BC Registry Services BC Company Summary are required.
- If the applicant (end-user) is an individual, they must have applied with the Ministry and be deemed eligible.
Dealers are responsible to train their staff on this procedure to ensure the staff follows the proper protocol.
In case a follow-up is required (due to missing/incomplete documentation), the New Car Dealers Association of BC will contact the dealer and not the leasing company.
As long as all the Program requirements are met (applicant eligibility criteria, vehicle eligibility criteria, etc.), qualification for the program would require our members to facilitate these deals and ensure that the end user receives the CleanBC Go Electric Passenger Vehicle Rebate.
Once the CleanBC Go Electric Passenger Vehicle Rebate Program staff have verified the documentation, the New Car Dealers Association of BC will reimburse the dealership for rebates provided.