Eligible Applications must meet requirements that include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. The purchaser/lessee (applicant) of the vehicles must be an individual, business, public agencies and entities (including municipal and regional governments and first nations, but excluding provincial, crown, and federal government agencies), and non-profit organizations that is a BC resident of the business, non-profit or public entity is based in British Columbia or has a BC-based affiliate. All businesses must be licensed to operate in BC.
2. Individuals can only receive one rebate during the life of the Program. A valid BC Driver's Licence of the individual is required.
3. A fleet may receive a maximum of 10 rebates from the CleanBC Go Electric Vehicle Rebate Program. Requests for more than 10 rebates will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Any exception is at the sole discretion of the Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation. A Car Share fleet may receive a maximum of 50 rebates from the CleanBC Go Electric Vehicle Rebate Program. Requests for more than 50 rebates will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Any exception is at the sole discretion of the Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation.
4. The purchase/lease date is not prior to the vehicle being included on the list of Eligible vehicles, and prior to exhaustion of available rebate funds.
5. The vehicle must be plated, registered and insured under the applicant's name for a minimum of 12 months.
6. Submit the application form and attach all required supporting documentation within 15 days of the date of sale/lease.
7. Required documentation to be submitted as part of the Dealers application for reimbursement to the NCDABC for rebates issued will include, at a minimum, the following:
* Please ensure that:
- For individuals: Applicant’s current BC driver’s license number is included on the application form AND; a copy of the applicant’s current BC driver’s license is attached with the supporting documents OR the applicant’s current BC driver’s license is included on the binding contract.
- For business: Applicant’s valid BC Incorporation number (formatted “BC0000000” [“BC” followed by 7 digits]) is provided on the application form and/or a copy of the BC Registry Services BC Company Summary is attached with the supporting documents.
• A copy of the sales contract (for sales) or lease contract (for leases) signed by all parties with an itemization of credits, discounts, and rebates received, if applicable.
• In a scenario where the dealership sells a vehicle to a third-party leasing company and the leasing company leases it to an end-user, please visit this page.
8. Ensure modifications are not made or allowed to the vehicle’s emissions control systems, hardware, software calibrations, or hybrid system.
9. Be available for follow-up inspection if requested by NCDABC, BC Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation or the BC Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation’s designee for the purposes of program oversight and accountability.
10. The Dealership submitting the application must be a member in good standing of the New Car Dealers Association of BC.