Special Consumer FAQ Section – Tesla Model 3 MSRP - November 2021 and More
- Q: Is the new 2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5 Preferred AWD Long Range with Ultimate package eligible for the CleanBC Go Electric Vehicle Rebate?
- A: Yes. The Ultimate package is considered an option of the Preferred AWD Long Range trim level.
- Q: I am interested in ordering a Model 3 RWD today [after November 23, 2021, 5:00 PM]. Will I still get the CleanBC Go Electric Vehicle Rebate given the recent price change?
- A: No. There are no CleanBC Go Electric Vehicle Rebates available on any Tesla vehicles ordered in BC on November 23, 2021 at 5:01 PM and onwards.
- Q: I placed an order for a Model 3 Standard Range Plus/RWD before Tesla raised the price above $55,000 MSRP. Will I still get my $3,000 CleanBC Go Electric Vehicle Rebate?
- A: See below:
- Tesla will honour the purchase price shown in your order agreement when you take delivery of your car.
- If you placed your order before the Model 3 price rose above $55,000, your motor vehicle purchase agreement will reflect the original, lower, price shown on your order agreement.
- Customers in this situation will remain eligible for the CleanBC Go Electric Vehicle Rebate if they take delivery of a Model 3 Standard Range Plus (2021) or Model 3 RWD (2022) vehicle, priced within the program’s eligible MSRP limit of $55,000 or less.
- The Government of BC retains the right to change incentive policy at any time, including for past orders not yet delivered. Rebate funds must still be available within the program to qualify for a rebate at time of delivery.
- Q: I placed an order for a Model 3 Standard Range before Tesla stopped selling the vehicle on its website. Will I still get my $3,000 the CleanBC Go Electric Vehicle Rebate?
- A: Yes, while Model 3 Standard Range is no longer available for order, it remains eligible for customers who have ordered this product and take delivery of a 2021 or 2022 Standard Range model, with a MSRP at or below $55,000.
- Rebate funds must still be available within the program to qualify for a rebate at time of delivery. Visit New Car Dealers Go Electric to see available funds.
- The Government of BC retains the right to change incentive policy at any time, including for past orders not yet delivered.
FAQ - June 2021
- The "CEVforBC Incentive Program" has been re-branded to the "CleanBC Go Electric Vehicle Rebate Program" by the Province of BC. The Program continues to operate in the same manner as under the old branding.
- Effective December 1, 2020, eligible car share fleet applicants can receive up to fifty (50) rebates for the lifetime of the Program.
- A list of eligible car share fleet applicants is available for reference, please make sure the applicant is included in the list before providing them the additional rebates.
- A customized Dealer Application Checklist must be used for deals of car share fleet applicants.
FAQ of Dealers
- Q: I delivered an eligible vehicle to a car share fleet applicant. What supporting documents do I need to submit online?
- A: Each application must have:
Combine all documents into one PDF file and upload it upon submission.
- Q: I have an individual customer that works in the car share industry. Are they eligible for the increased rebate limit?
- A: No, only fleets (business) that meet all criteria are eligible for the increased rebate limit.
- Q: How can I, as a dealer, check if my customer (Car Share Fleet) has reached the CleanBC rebate lifetime limit?
- A: If the customer is unsure, they can contact the CleanBC team to verify. As well, you can also check with us regarding the number of rebates the customer is looking to receive.
FAQ – February 2021 - UPDATED
The 'Manual Mode' for rebate submissions has ended and the normal online method for submitting applications has been restored (online web submissions with a password).
- Q: What if I already submitted my claim by email during the Manual Mode and I am still waiting for a confirmation email?
- A: The submission must be re-entered online here to reserve funding for submission claims. Funds will be reserved online on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Q: What about applications submitted before the Manual Mode started on February 20, 2021?
- A: Please be assured that funds for applications submitted before February 20, 2021, are already reserved for reimbursement (subject to normal application review for completeness, eligibility, etc).
June 22, 2019 Changes FAQ
- Effective June 22, 2019, the maximum MSRP vehicle price for access to the Program will be $55,000, and incentives for battery electric vehicles, fuel cell electric vehicles, and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles with a battery range of 85 kilometers or higher will be $3,000, and incentives for plug-in hybrids with battery range less than 85 kilometers will be $1,500.
- Individuals can only receive one incentive during the life of the Program.
- Deals of buyers who have purchased (a sale is deemed completed and consummated when the purchaser of the vehicle has paid the purchase price, or, in lieu thereof, has signed a purchase contract or security agreement and taken physical possession or delivery of the vehicle) before June 22, 2019 will be covered by the former incentives and rules. Deals after June 22, 2019, will be reviewed under the current rules.
- Buyers who reserved their vehicles before June 22, 2019 (evidenced by either their dealers submitting an OEM Order application to the CEVforBC program to reserve their incentive prior to June 22, 2019; or,
- By a vehicle order with deposit made before June 22, 2019) will be covered by the former incentives and rules, including the 90-day limit for reservations.
- The CEVforBC forms have been updated to reflect these changes. Click here for the Dealer Application Checklist and click here for the Letter of Received Rebate.
FAQ of Dealers
- Q: How can I submit an application for a vehicle that was ordered before June 22, 2019 and not yet delivered?
- A: Go to our New Application Form
- Under Sale / Delivery Status: Select Open / OEM.
- Under Sales/delivery section, on VIN field, enter the VIN if it exists. Otherwise enter a vehicle tracking number (can be reservation number).
- Select the vehicle model ,make, year with new incentive amount.
- Attach the proof of deposit on or before June 21, and an OEM purchase order as the supporting documents.
- Under Mandatory Customer Declaration Section, incentive amount is equal to the actual incentive the customer will receive upon delivery, i.e. the full incentive the customer is eligible for based on the “grand-fathering” rules.
- Upon delivery, please use the Existing Application Form page to re-upload all the supporting documents (Dealer Application Checklist, Letter of Received Rebate, Bill of Sale/Lease Agreement, ICBC Insurance paperwork AND proof of deposit on or before June 21).
- Q: How can I submit an application for a vehicle that was ordered before June 22, 2019 and already delivered?
- A: Go to our New Application Form
- Select the vehicle model, make, with new incentive amount
- Along with the regular supporting documents, include the proof of deposit on or before June 21, and an OEM purchase order
- Under Mandatory Customer Declarations Section, Incentive amount is equal to the actual incentive the customer received, i.e. the full incentive the customer is eligible for based on the “grand-fathering” rules.
- Q: If I select the vehicle with the NEW incentive amount , for a vehicle that was ordered before June 22, 2019, how will you reimburse the dealership for the previous incentive amount?
- A: Once we reviewed your application and verified it is a "grand-fathered" deal, we will modify the incentive amount on the website and reimburse the dealership for the previous incentive amount.
- Q: What is the 90-day limit for reservations?
- A: In order to qualify for the previous incentive amounts rules, the reserved vehicle must be delivered within 90 days from June 22. Thus, the reserved vehicle must be delivered on or before September 20, 2019.
- Q: How can I apply for a vehicle which is no longer on the list of Eligible Vehicles (but was sold or reserved before June 22, 2019)?
- A: A manual submission will be required in this case.
- Q: How can I, as a dealer, check if my customer (an individual) has received the CEVforBC Incentive in the past?
- A: We updated our forms (Dealer Application Checklist, Letter of Received Rebate) to include this requirement to be signed by the customer. Moreover, entering the individual's BC Driver's Lincence Number in our online form would let you know if the number is already in our system.
- Q: Can an individual receive more than one incentive for their vehicles reserved before June 22, 2019?
- A: As long as you provide suffiecent evidence that the vehicle ordered with deposit made before June 22, 2019, the deal is "grand-fathered" under the previous policies and the individual can receive up to ten incentives.
- Q: I already submitted a CEVforBC application and I realized I need to provide to update/add supporting documents, how can I do that?
- A: Go to Existing Application Form
- Enter the Application ID of which you need to update.
- The Dealership Name, Representative Email Address and Customer Name will be pre-populated based on what was entered upon submission. Check that this is the application that needs the update.
- Merge all the supporting documents to one PDF file and upload it. Note: Only 1 file can be saved for each application. If one file is uploaded, and then another, the first file will be overwritten and the CEVforBC Administrator will not be able to access it.
- Q: I submitted an Open / OEM application and now the vehicle is delivered and the sale is complete, how do I provide the updated supporting documents?
- A: Follow the instructions to the question above.
- Q: My customer who reserved their vehicle before June 22, 2019, has received a lower-than-supposed-to-be incentive. How can this be amended?
- A: You must:
- Contact your customer and issue them a payment of the remainder of the incentive.
- Have the customer sign the updated Letter of Received Rebate with the appropriate incentive amount. This can also be done through an email (contact the CEVforBC Team for more information).
- Please note that the CEVforBC will not send funds in advance to the dealers of the "affected customers". This may mean that customers may have to go into their dealer to receive the remainder of the incentive at the same time that the customer provides the dealer with the updated Letter of Received Rebate required for CEVforBC to reimburse the dealer.